For 85 years, the East Bay Regional Park District has preserved and protected open space in Alameda and Contra Costa counties and provided public access to regional parks, shorelines, and trails for hiking, biking, swimming, horseback riding, boating, fishing, picnicking, camping, and nature discovery. Explore our 85th Anniversary interactive story map!
To celebrate the East Bay Regional Park District’s 85th Anniversary, the Park District has planned a number of special events and programs, including FREE Park Fridays, FREE Concerts in the Parks, and a FREE multicultural festival. Join us in celebrating the East Bay Regional Park District’s 85th Anniversary!
Free Park Fridays
Park entry and other fees will be waived every Friday in 2019 from April to December to celebrate the Park District’s 85th Anniversary. Park entrance and fees for day use parking, swimming, dogs, horse trailers, boat launching, and fishing permits will all be waived. Fee waiver does not apply to special event permits/reservations, camping and associated fees, or state fees such as fishing licenses and watercraft inspections. Fee waiver also does not apply to District concessions. Park entrance is subject to available occupancy.
- FREE parking, swimming, dog fees, horse trailers, boat launching, and fishing permits.
State fees/permits camping, water craft inspections still apply.
- FREE entrance to Ardenwood Historic Farm in Fremont, on non-event days.
- Download: Free Friday's Flyer [PDF]
Free! Concerts in the Parks
- Friday, August 9, 5:30-7:30pm, Concerts at the Cove, Crown Beach, Alameda
Jazz Mafia: Jazz, funk, soul, hip-hop & electronica
- Friday, August 23, 6-8pm, Concert in the Park, Contra Loma, Antioch
The David Perez Band: Latin Pop/Rock, Cumbia, Tex Mex, Salsa
- Friday, September 13, 5:30-7:30pm, Concerts at the Cove, Crown Beach, Alameda
SambaDa: Traditional Afro-Brazilian heritage music blended with funk, rock & reggae
- Saturday, September 28, 1-5pm, FAM Fest! Fall Arts and Music Festival at the Bridge Yard Building, at Judge John Sutter Regional Shoreline, 210 Burma Road, Oakland.
In partnership with OAKHELLA, Saul Paul, A Musician with A Message will Entertain, Inspire, Empower as our MC - mixing it up with local artists, musicians and performers.
Regional Parks Foundation 50th Anniversary Gala Event
Join the fun on Thursday, October 10, 2019, at Casa Real in Pleasanton as the Foundation celebrates its 50th anniversary with guest performer Michael McDonald. More information.
Previous Concerts in the Parks
- Friday, July 12, 5:30-7:30pm, Concerts at the Cove, Crown Beach, Alameda
Majestic: The Ultimate Tribute to San Francisco's very own rock band 'Journey'
- Saturday, June 22, 12pm-2pm, Concert in the Park, Lake Chabot, Castro Valley. Parking fees still apply.
The Cheeseballs: High energy dance band