As of Wednesday, August 8, 2018 at 8am (and until further notice) the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection (Cal Fire) has banned all outdoor burning due to extreme fire conditions until further notice.
The ban includes all burning in the State Responsibility Areas within Santa Clara, Alameda, and Contra Costa counties and the western portions of Stanislaus and San Joaquin counties
ALL EAST BAY REGIONAL PARKS ARE INCLUDED IN THIS FIRE RESTRICTION.
Effective immediately, the following restrictions are in effect:
- No open fires, campfires, wood burning or charcoal barbeques are permitted EXCEPT gas or propane-fueled stoves.
- Visitors to campgrounds must clear all flammable material for ten feet in all directions from their camp stove, have a shovel available, and ensure that a responsible person attends the stove always during use.
- Smoking is prohibited in ALL East Bay Regional Parks.
- No use of gasoline powered equipment (generators).
- Increased monitoring, patrol and strict enforcement of these restrictions will occur by East Bay Regional Park District police and fire personnel, park staff and volunteer trail safety patrollers.
For Further Information:
Download: Wildfire Prevention Postcard [PDF]
Download: Wildfire Information Guide [PDF]
Dave Mason, Public Information Supervisor